Thursday, January 19, 2006

What the Dickens Hornblower Contest

Bird keeper Darren Jordan comes face-to-face with a Von Der Deckens hornbill as he takes notes during the annual stock-take at London Zoo, Regents Park in London January 13, 2006. The yearly head count is a legally binding register of over six hundred species housed at the zoo, many of which are highly endangered. (Source: REUTERS/Toby Melville)
Yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah. Can you give me a better caption?
Winners announced next Thursday, January 26, 2006.
(I'm on a weekly cycle now - Thursday to Thursday, so there.)


Winners (01.26.06) ...
BirdTalk Catagory
1) DaveD: Yeah, I don't see getting a break here so a little lunch would be great. How about some millet, cracked corn and some grubs. Oh, could you freshen up the water pan while you're here?
2) Gwynne: While I've got you here, could we talk about my release date?
3) Beth: Any family history of beak problems? Out of season molting?

PolitiSquawk Catagory
1) Dane: Hornbill ~ "Yeah I talk alot. But with the brain the size of a walnut my options are limited. I mean what could I do except maybe head the DNC?"
Jordon ~ "Oh you couldn't do that. You're over-quaified"
2) Maggie: UN officials are carefully tracking the Avian flu - once again demonstrating how truly efficient an organization they are.
3) Rodney: "Yes I want a nose job, do you happen to have the name of Michael Jackson's cosmetic surgeon?"

Other Caption Contests:
WILLisms (1.18): Prime Minister No-ouchi
Rick Motel (1.19): Infidel Caption Contest (Update: I won!)
Rodney (1.19): March of the Lone Penguin (Update: I didn't win.)
Wizbang (1.20): Cheney Is Sooo High
Mr. Right (1.20): Surely You Jest
GOP & the City (1.20): Mission Accomplished
VtheK (1.21): Adventures of Rajeesh
Bloggin' Outloud: Last Week's Winners (R-O-L-A-I-D-S Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and positive. (And sorry about the word verification, but the spmb*ts are out in full force!)